An update on our COVID-19 response
As new and longtime XO Members put their trust in us for their private aviation needs, we wanted to provide clarity regarding the measures taken to safeguard the health of passengers, pilots, and crew during this unprecedented time. As part of our unwavering commitment to safety, the following multifaceted approach has been implemented for trips on our group-owned fleet operated by XOJET Aviation to ensure well-being across every touchpoint of the travel experience:
- Air is not recycled and recirculated in the cabin during flight; instead, inside air escapes the jet via an outflow valve and is continually replenished with fresh air from the outside at a controlled rate to maintain comfortable cabin pressure. With 100% of interior air volume refreshed every six minutes, passengers can breathe easy.
- Air enters the aircraft through a process which includes heat compression at temperatures greater than 500 °F. An ozone converter leverages a catalytic medium to convert the ozone present at higher altitudes into oxygen. A temperature control system then cools the resultant sterilized air to desired cabin temperatures.
- Before and after each flight, high-grade multi-purpose cleaner and disinfectant wipes are used to thoroughly wipe down aircraft interiors ‒ including lavatories, tray tables, window shades, armrests, and all touch surfaces.
- Antimicrobial barrier treatment ClearCabin and surface disinfectant Bacoban are regularly applied to aircraft interiors to provide long-term protection from bacteria, viruses, mold, fungi, and other microorganisms.
- Should it be determined that anyone potentially carrying COVID-19 has traveled on board an aircraft, that aircraft will be temporarily taken out of service, treated, and evaluated for cleanliness.
Pilot & Crew Procedures
- Pilots and Crew are required to closely monitor their health, register their temperatures twice daily, and report to duty only if they are symptom-free. In certain cases, passenger temperatures may be taken with a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- Pilots and Crew follow social distancing guidelines and respect travelers’ physical space.
- Pilots and Crew wear masks, gloves, and other personal protective equipment, during passenger interactions in the cabin and outside of the aircraft.
- Should Pilots or Crew interact with someone carrying COVID-19, they are required to quarantine for 14 days and/or demonstrate negative test results before returning to work.
- Pilots, Crew, and Operations Teams continually monitor travel restrictions, as well as the conditions on the ground, in flight, and as they pertain to origins and destinations.
- Passengers are required to submit a Health Declaration Form at least 24 hours prior to departure to verify wellness and travel activity.
- On the ground, preferred FBOs have reconfigured facilities to allow for social distancing and have implemented targeted cleaning procedures. At the private jet terminal, passenger interaction with staff is minimized.
- Aircraft are stocked with personal protective equipment and hand sanitizer for passenger use.
- Catering is pre-packaged and delivered with use of masks, gloves, and other personal protective equipment to avoid exposure.
- MedAire’s health and travel safety assistance solutions are available as a resource for any emergency medical issues.
For more details, please review XO’s COVID-19 Response page. XO’s Aviation Advisors are always available to answer any questions that may arise regarding measures taken to ensure traveler well-being in the air and on the ground.
These references and links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only and do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by XO of any product, process or service, or its producer or provider. XO Global LLC is not a direct air carrier and does not operate any aircraft. All flights will be operated by properly licensed US or foreign air carriers. All services are subject to the terms and conditions available at flyxo.com/legal/. Fla. Seller of Travel Ref. No. ST42114.